Greetings from Iowa! My name is Marla Owens who is married to the best man on earth. He is a wonderful gift from God to me. We have four adult children. Three are here in Iowa and one is in Ohio. We are so thankful for our children whom we love so very much. I am a born again believer in Christ Jesus. I sing with the praise team at Immanuel Baptist Church. When I'm not singing with the praise team, I'm singing in the choir. I used to be in a Southern Gospel quartet years ago as a teenager in the Southern Illinois area. I not only love to make cards but love to sing too. My husband and I work with Awanas each Wednesday night at our church. We enjoy working with the kids to help them memorize their Bible verses. We love the Bible. It is God's instruction book for us. It is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. I praise the Lord and strive to serve Him in everything that I do. It is my goal to bless people as Christ has blessed me so graciously.
I got into crafting when I was growing up. My parents had me in 4-H and Girlscouts. I was in 4-H longer than Girlscouts. I made my children clothes when we lived in Indiana. When we moved to Iowa I gave up sewing and got started in Creative Memories. I have put together over 20 scrapbooks. Along with scrapbooking cardmaking held my interest. I started making cards in 1994. They were simple cards since there weren't many products to work with. My craft room used to be in the basement. In 2003 my crafting came to a hault. I had two major surgeries that year. It was also just too cold to craft in the basement. Our youngest son moved out of the house about three years ago. It was then that my husband suggested that we turn his room in to my craft room. He hated seeing all my supplies in the basement not being used. We moved all of my stuff up to Zach's room which was now my craftroom. John painted the room for me, put up a new curtain rod and new curtains and got me book cases from Target. He put them together for me. He also got me a new light fixture and installed it. Did I mention I have the best husband ever? Well I do! He has blessed me with dies, stamps, paper, die cutting machines and more. I am so thankful for my craft room. It has been a wonderful blessing to me. Making cards is so enjoyable to me. Our church comes out with a monthly newsletter. They list every birthday for the month in the newsletter. I try to make each person a birthday card. It is a ministry the Lord has given me. You never know who you can cheer up and bless with a card.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016




This is a card I made for the Heartfelt Creations Design Team Tryouts.  The card is a 6 by 6 gate fold card.  I used Colorbok snow white 12 by 12 paper for the card base.  Cut the 12 by 12 paper to 6 by 12 inches.  Score at 3 inches, turn it and score again at 3 inches.  Fold the scored lines to make your gate fold.  DCWV lilac paper that can be sanded was cut to 2-7/8th inches by 5-7/8 inches.  It was then embossed with a We are Memory Keepers Embossing folder.  Two 5-7/8 inches by 5-7/8 inch paper was cut from the same lilac paper and embossed with the same embossing folder.  The paper was attached to the outside and inside of the gate fold card.  An 8-1/2 inch by 11 inch piece of purple card stock was was used to make the Victorian Medallion Three large die cut.  The Two large Victorian Medallion Three dies were used to cut the lilac card stock.  The two die cuts were layered together and attached to the left side of the gate fold card with the Scotch ATG tape.  A large Sizzix Heart die was used to cut out the white card stock.  It was stamped with HCPC 3639 Love Bird Hangout Precut set using the Misti.  I love the Misti.  You get perfect stamping everytime!  The stamped image was colored with Spectrum Noir Markers TN2, TB1, PL2, BP2, HB1, CT2 and CG2.  The flowers were cut out from Lilac card stock with the HC Sun Kissed Fleur dies.  They were shaped with the McGill shaping tools and mat.  They were assembled using the Adtec precision hot glue gun.  They were sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  The leaves were stamped and die cut with the HC Classic Leaf stamp set and cut out with the HC Classic Leaf dies.  They were shaped with the McGill shaping tools and mat.  The leaves were attached to the card with hot glue.  The flowers followed the leaves using hot glue to attach them.  the bling used in the middle of the flowers came from JoAnns.  They were also attached with hot glue.  For the inside of the card I used the Victorian Medallion large die to cut the lilace card stock.  It was attached to the left side of the inside of the card with the ATG tape runner.  Make sure you line it up with the attachment on the front.  The HC Timeless Armour die was used to cut out the heart.  It was attached with hot glue to the middle of the lilac piece.  The thinking of you sentiment comes from the HC Heartfelt Sentiments cling stamps HCPC-3673.  It was cut out on HC Arianna Blooms paper with the HC Cut Mat Create 1B 2.25" x 2.25" inch die.  For the middle of the inside of the gate fold card I used HC Butterfly Medley paper cut to 5-6/8" by 5-6/8" inches and attached it with the Scotch ATG tape.  A Sizzix Heart large die was used to die cut a white piece of card stock.  It was stamped with the Stampendous Happy Valentines Day sentiment.  I used Tim Holtz Distressed Old Paper small ink pad to distress the paper.  The Heart was attached using the ATG tape. 



5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card..........congrats on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marla,
    Well your Blog is lovely and your cards are beautiful. It's great to find another Heartfelt Creations Fan:)
    God Bless
    Cathy Huckleberry Herbs and Art

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Cathy! Have a very Happy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete