Greetings from Iowa! My name is Marla Owens who is married to the best man on earth. He is a wonderful gift from God to me. We have four adult children. Three are here in Iowa and one is in Ohio. We are so thankful for our children whom we love so very much. I am a born again believer in Christ Jesus. I sing with the praise team at Immanuel Baptist Church. When I'm not singing with the praise team, I'm singing in the choir. I used to be in a Southern Gospel quartet years ago as a teenager in the Southern Illinois area. I not only love to make cards but love to sing too. My husband and I work with Awanas each Wednesday night at our church. We enjoy working with the kids to help them memorize their Bible verses. We love the Bible. It is God's instruction book for us. It is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. I praise the Lord and strive to serve Him in everything that I do. It is my goal to bless people as Christ has blessed me so graciously.
I got into crafting when I was growing up. My parents had me in 4-H and Girlscouts. I was in 4-H longer than Girlscouts. I made my children clothes when we lived in Indiana. When we moved to Iowa I gave up sewing and got started in Creative Memories. I have put together over 20 scrapbooks. Along with scrapbooking cardmaking held my interest. I started making cards in 1994. They were simple cards since there weren't many products to work with. My craft room used to be in the basement. In 2003 my crafting came to a hault. I had two major surgeries that year. It was also just too cold to craft in the basement. Our youngest son moved out of the house about three years ago. It was then that my husband suggested that we turn his room in to my craft room. He hated seeing all my supplies in the basement not being used. We moved all of my stuff up to Zach's room which was now my craftroom. John painted the room for me, put up a new curtain rod and new curtains and got me book cases from Target. He put them together for me. He also got me a new light fixture and installed it. Did I mention I have the best husband ever? Well I do! He has blessed me with dies, stamps, paper, die cutting machines and more. I am so thankful for my craft room. It has been a wonderful blessing to me. Making cards is so enjoyable to me. Our church comes out with a monthly newsletter. They list every birthday for the month in the newsletter. I try to make each person a birthday card. It is a ministry the Lord has given me. You never know who you can cheer up and bless with a card.

Friday, February 22, 2019

Heartfelt Creations Buttons and Blooms Card and Gift Box

It’s been quite a long time since I blogged here.  I have made a lot of cards but then get busy with lots of household chores.  Believe it or not I’m still working on getting Christmas put away.  I really need to change some habits.  It would be nice if I wasn’t a night owl!  I should be going to bed by 10 and getting up at 6 a.m.  I would get so much more accomplished.  But for several years I stay up until midnight and get up at 8 or 8:30 a.m.  At any rate habits can be changed.  

Here are a few cards I have made this year.  This was made with Heartfelt Creations Buttons and Blooms Collection of paper, stamps and dies.  It was also made with HC Eyelet Oval and Basics Large dies, Fleur Border Basics Dies, Elegant Pocket Accents Dies, Decorative Pocket Accents 
Dies, Album Tags and Accents Dies, Luggage and Tags Dies, Ticket and Tag dies, Leafy Accents Dies, Leafy Accents Mold, I used Nuvo White Blizzard Glitter Drops on the flowers after molding them in the Heartfelt Creations Floral Basics Shaping Mold and spraying them with Tattered Angels Iredcent gold glimmer mist.  Ranger Perfect Pearls Perfect Copper spray mist was used on the leaves after molding them in the leaf mold.  Ranger clear embossing powder was used on the inside of the 5-1/2 by 7-1/2 inch portion of this card.  Tim Holts Distress Faded Jeans ink was used to ink the edges of all the paper.  Hug Snug colored seam binding was used for ribbon as a closure for the 5-1/2 by 7-1/2 inch portion of the card.  Heartfelt Elegant Pocket Accents were used under the 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inch portion of this card.  A Stampendous stamp was used on a tag that sits on the back of this 5-1/2 by 7-1/2 inch card.  All the sentiments comes from various Heartfelt Creations sentiment stamp sets.  Frame a Card Leafy Borders were used on the inside left portion of the 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inch card that is attached to the front of the bigger card.  Heartfelt Creations Deluxe Flower shaping tools were used to help mold the flowers.  Bottle Cap Super Strong magnets were use as the closure for the 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 inch card.  Chipboard and Scotch Dimensional tape was used to give dimension to my card.  The gift box and card were both made with Scotch ATG tape runner, E6000 glue, Art Glitter Dries Clear glue and hot glue from my Surebonder fine tip glue gun.  The box was made with heavy weight card stock, my Martha Steward score board, my Martha Stewart cutting board, my bone folder and the Heartfelt Creations Buttons and Blooms Collection.  The dies listed above also aided me in making this gift box.  The pink bow is made from Hug Snug seam binding.  The heart button came from my stash.  I love how this project came together.  It took me three days to get it all done.  But the end results are fabulous!  This is a gift to my dear friend who lives in the Kansas City area.  I always add tissue paper to my gift boxes.  After taking pictures of this project I found a box from Amazon that I could place it in for mailing.  Lots of tissue paper was added to the inside of the Amazon box to keep my gift to Janie safe and secure.  Today is February 22, 2019.  This year is slipping by already.  I hope this project inspires you to make something special for your friends or family.  Thank you for stopping in for awhile!  










No comments:

Post a Comment